Your cell phone is with you 24/7. This means it encounters a lot of germs. It’s especially important to keep our things clean during the coronavirus pandemic. Here’s how to best clean your phone.
Scientists have found that coronaviruses, such as the one that causes COVID-19, are susceptible to soap and alcohol, as they break down the protective layer housing the virus.
Alcohol and cleaning products are not recommended for use on cell phones as it can damage the glass and housing, but a combination of light soap and water are part of Apple’s guidelines. These instructions may be adapted for cleaning other models and tablets as well.
Please note that these guidelines assume your device model has a basic degree of water resistance, and see our disclaimer below.
- Take your phone out of its case. You can wash the case separately.
- Unplug any cables and power down your device.
- Use a lens cloth or similarly soft material to wipe your device.
- Wet the cloth with warm soapy water and wipe the device again.
- Try not to get moisture in any openings.
- Dry it with a dry lens cloth or similar soft material.
There are other ways to clean your phone, such as using disinfecting wipes, but be careful when using these as mentioned above because they may damage your phone.
DISCLAIMER: Some of these methods could potentially damage your phone if done improperly and/or without care. GetSavvyWithSocial.com does not claim any responsibility if you damage your device.