Writing an Instagram caption is an important part of any post. You should always put thought into your captions. It’s a way of differentiating your material, building your brand and growing your audience. Here are some tips and ideas to help you with your IG posts.
MORE: 5 ways to get more Instagram followers and likes
- Write conversationally. This is social media, not a college essay. Communicate the way you speak. Try reading the caption aloud and see how it sounds before posting.
- Read other captions. Find other profiles and captions you like and ask yourself why you like them. Use it for inspiration.
- Draft your captions in the Notes app. Writing out your ideas in Notes or another platform can give you more time to think it out. Take time to write and rewrite if needed. Also, using an app like this can help you add spacing to your Instagram caption.
- Hook your audience. The first sentence is key to grabbing others. Put your main message and most important words here.
- Teach, ask or encourage. Add value by teaching something new. Ask a question to provoke conversation. Include a call to action to encourage others. These are three different ideas that can work for any caption.
- Tell a story. Another idea is to tell a story. Make a more solid connection with your audience by writing about a time in your life you want to share.
- Use emojis. I love to mix emojis into my captions. It adds a pop of color and life to enhance the writing, and it fits the platform.
- Use @ and #. Tag others and use hashtags so more people will see your posts.
- Keep length in mind. You don’t want to overdo it. Instagram is a very visual platform. People aren’t on here to read a 500-word article. So keep the length in mind.
- Know your voice. Think about your audience and your brand with every post.
MORE: The new iPhone privacy feature and apps that track you
In the end have fun.
Don’t overthink it! Yes, this is a lot of advice. But you should be on this platform to have fun, grow your business or brand and communicate and connect with others.
There you go! 10 tips for writing the best Instagram captions.