Here’s what you need to know in order to delete Instagram. Take these steps if you want a break from the app or want to be done with it entirely.
First, it’s important to note you can’t delete Instagram from your app – you must do it on a mobile browser or computer. You also can’t delete your account by just deleting the app.
Be warned, if you delete an account it’s goodbye. So you may want to look into temporarily disabling it if you’re not sure (more on that below too).
Here’s how to permanently delete INSTAGRAM:
- First, log in to the account and navigate to the Delete Your Account page. Remember, you can’t delete your account using the app.
- After you select an option from the dropdown menu asking why you’re deleting the app, you will need to re-enter your password.
- Then tap “Permanently delete my account.”
MORE: Instagram Reels are about to be a thing
If you want to temporarily disable your account:
- Go to instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. Same as deleting Instagram, you can’t disable your account from the app.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right to navigate to your page, then select “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap “Temporarily disable my account.”
- After you select an option from the dropdown menu asking why you’re disabling the app, you will need to re-enter your password.
- Tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”