Finding help for a loved one in need isn’t easy. You want be sure you trust the person and that they’ll do the very best job possible. I used Care.com to find help for a loved one and it worked out really well.
While this post is about my personal experience, following the steps below may make it easier for you to navigate the site. P.S. This page may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information.
- Join the site. I had to pay a fee, but it was less than $30 for the first month (at the time) and I felt like it was worth it to find the very best care I could find.
- Search for what you need. You can select what services you’re looking for – from child care to senior care.
- Message people. Reach out to people who fit your search results.
- Interview people. I chose to do FaceTime interviews, but you could interview them however you like. I do suggest doing an interview before hiring someone.
- Pick someone who you think will be a strong fit! Think of the person they’ll be taking care of, and also consult the person if you can.
Again, everyone is different. This is simply a post on my experience of using Care.com. While I’m always wary of strangers, the site did work for me. That doesn’t mean it will work for you, so practice caution and be careful before making a hire.
If you have other sites you like to use or other advice to share, please comment below!