This blog post was written in May 2021.
Here are some businesses that are giving back to communities for Memorial Day, Pride and other causes. Shop online to find the details listed below. P.S. This page may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information.
For Memorial Day
- Ace Hardware is teaming up with Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) to donate one million American flags on May 29. According to officials with Ace Hardware, for each flag given away “a second flag will be donated to a local VFW Post to be used for marking and honoring veterans’ graves this Memorial Day.”
For Pride Month
- Vans has released their 2021 Pride Month collection. Officials said the company also made a donation of $200,000 to organizations that support LGBTQ+ communities.
For COVID-19 HEALTHCARE HEROES
- Crocs has donated more than “910,000 free pairs of shoes to healthcare heroes on the frontlines of COVID-19” since spring 2020.
- American Eagle Outfitters released AE x Jeans Redesign, a limited collection created from 100% organic cotton and made without environmentally harmful chemicals per officials.
for FIGHTING POVERTY
- David Yurman created the Unity Fund with New York City’s Robin Hood Foundation. Officials said they will donate “20% of the purchase price of select products, or other amounts during designated times, throughout the year.” This will go to helping families fight poverty in NYC.
For ANIMAL WELFARE
- FarmHouse Fresh said it takes proceeds from every purchase to put toward the care and rehabilitation of neglected animals. And you can track how much you’re helping animals while you shop.
So shop online to support these causes and events!