It has been amazing to see the world come together online during the Coronavirus pandemic. So many times we’ve seen bad things happen online. Not to say that’s changed. But it has been incredible to see how the internet is bringing us together in so many ways, old and new, during this pandemic.
Many of us have gone from working in offices to working remotely. To think how this would have been done before video conference calls and email is hard to imagine. Having access to others at this time, not just for work but for social interactions, has been extremely helpful. It feels less isolating during a quarantine when you can see the person you’re speaking with, not just hear their voice.
Here are some WAYS you can use digital tools to make your life a bit easier during the pandemic:
- Turn a phone call into a video call. You may even want to try a group video call!
- Check out what new movies or shows are streaming. More movies are being streamed now (some that were supposed to come out in the movie theaters) due to the pandemic.
- Play a game! You can see what new video games are out there or you may even want to channel your nostalgia and check out a game like the Oregon Trail. You can always order a physical game online to your home. Or play this game.
- Find a good book by looking up virtual book clubs. Or join mine!
- Get savvy! Freshen up on your digital skills by reading more of my blog posts.
Have other ideas for keeping sane during the pandemic using digital tools or have examples of how the internet is bringing us together? Comment below!